The Man and his Candidate

The Man and his Candidate

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Does Mr Cain work for Whirlpool, and is he therefore responsible for their potential move offshore?

This question was left by Mr. Art Crumby on Herman Cain's Facebook Page. I responded via email directly to him as follows:


Art,



I read your post last evening on Herman Cain's Official Facebook page. I noticed you had included, at the end, your email, and decided to avail myself of the opportunity to reach out directly to you and, hopefully, to your friends at Whirlpool. You, like all of us, are looking at Presidential candidates through the optic of our own private economies. That is natural and respectable. We each have families and homes who depend on our employers, don't we? I have been a supporter of Herman Cain since the beginning of his candidacy, and am a volunteer working on his behalf now. Frankly, I was attracted to his candidacy by a single statement, "It's not about us. It's about the grandkids." My respect has only grown from there.



In response to your concerns, let me say, "Whirlpool is about the grandkids." And I am confident that Mr. Cain understands that well. He WAS, but isn't presently, on the Board of Whirlpool. He was, in fact, Director of Compensation in his tenure there. You MIGHT say, he was there when the plan was NOT to move the company!!! But, let's take a moment to look at the platform Mr. Cain is running on for President, and then I'll leave you to your personal decision on whom to support for President. I think we'd both agree that choice is critical to our economic future.



Mr. Cain's 9-9-9 Plan addresses your concerns, and those of Whirlpool directly. The cornerstone of his economic plan is to create a climate of economic stability in this country that induces business to invest in the American economy. He has put forward, as part of this plan, the suspension and abolishment of the tax on repatriated profits, making it economically advantageous for business who has already left to return. He has proposed reducing the tax on corporate profits to a flat 9% from and unfair and confusing code that has a rate of 35%. This makes the tax climate more appealing to companies doing business here and frees up corporate money to invest in expansion, creating more jobs.  I know that some, on the other side say, "But the rich will just keep the money." This just defies reason. Ever see a rich business owner say, "OK, I'm rich enough. I'll just stop growing my business and getting richer"?  No other candidate has directly addressed these issues.



I hope this has been helpful, and I hope, by using the email you provided I have not taken any liberties you didn't intend me to take. God bless you, and your friends at Whirlpool. Together we can take back the American economy for everyday Americans!!



Chip Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment